We love welcoming our guests with a few special treats to start their stay with us here at Layhead. We do try to buy our produce as local as possible but there are some things that are best homemade.
We have a tried and tested (and extremely appreciated) biscuit recipe we use to bake our homemade biscuit, that continues to delight our guests on arrival. They are really easy to make so why not have a go and stir up some memories of your stay at Layhead.
Oat Biscuit Recipe
8 oz Self-Raising Flour
12 oz Oats
12 oz Sugar
1 Egg (2 small)
1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
8 oz Margarine or Butter
2 – 3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Heat margarine/butter and syrup in pan until margarine/butter melted.
- Whisk egg(s) with a fork in small bowl.
- Mix all syrup mixture and eggs into dry ingredients.
- Grease baking sheets and roll biscuit mixture into small balls and place on baking sheets. Leave room for them to spread.
- Place in oven at 350F (175C) for about 15 – 20 mins.
- When cooked leave on baking sheet for a minute, then lift off baking sheet with a palette knife and leave to cool on a wire rack.