Holiday cottages have become more and more popular, certainly over the last twenty-odd years we’ve been providing accommodation for our guests. If you’ve never hired a cottage before, here are 6 helpful hints to consider when booking.
1. Check whether you can take your family pet with you and if there is a charge (some may be per stay, some may be per pet).
2. Check what the arrival and departure times are.
3. Not all holiday cottages provide bed linen and towels, this is a good thing to find out when enquiring.
4. Check before you leave home where you collect the key from just in case you arrive later than expected.
5. Find out about local amenities and opening closing times before you set off.
6. Find out what’s included in your stay – toilet rolls, tea towels, washing up liquid, electricity (everything provided to get started e.g. toilet rolls)
Like everything, there are advantages and disadvantages of hiring a holiday cottage. Here are a few to think about.
- It’s your own home from home
- Do what you want, when you want
- Eat in or eat out
- In some holiday cottages you are able to take pets
- Generally there is no need for accommodation provider staff to enter you cottage throughout your stay
- You don’t have to clean at the end of your holiday.
- You have to make your own bed!
- There’s no room service.