It’s still that time of year when we need to be wrapped up warm and have an urge to eat heart warming food. Here’s how to make the most of seasonal carrot into a perfect soup.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 potato chopped
- 450g carrots , peeled and chopped
- 1.2 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- handful coriander (about ½ a supermarket packet)
- Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan, add 1 chopped onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened.
- Stir in 1 tsp ground coriander and 1 chopped potato, then cook for 1 min.
- Add the 450g peeled and chopped carrots and 1.2l vegetable or chicken stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Tip into a food processor with a handful of coriander then blitz until smooth (you may need to do this in two batches). Return to pan, taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.
This recipe is from the BBC Good Food website.
Got any traditional family soup recipes you’d like to share? Email them to me at email@example.com