#plasticfree #tglassjars #recycle
In our last ‘Creative & Fun Alternatives to Plastic’ series, we thought that the trusty old glass jar should get a mention.
There are literally hundreds of ways you can recycle glass jars, but we found this particular project super sweet. Mini glass jar gardens.
These mini gardens are really quick to make.
What you need:
• Glass jars
• Moistened potting compost
• Plant cuttings
• Moss (optional)
• Chopsticks (optional)
1. Ensure the jars are clean and dry
2. Put a layer of sand in each jar
3. Add the moistened potting compost
4. Add your plant cuttings (use the chopsticks to help you plant small cuttings)
For a different look, plant some of the jars sideways (like a ship in a bottle). These little gardens make lovely presents.
For more detailed instructions CLICK HERE
If you have any photos of your jam jar gardens, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll share them on our blog.