Holiday cottages have become increasingly popular, certainly over the last 12 months after the pandemic.
We’ve been providing accommodation for our guests for over 20 years. So, if you’re tempted but never hired a cottage before, here are 6 helpful hints to consider when booking.
- Check whether you can take your family pet with you and if there is a charge (some may be per stay, some may be per pet).
- Check what the arrival and departure times are.
- Not all holiday cottages provide bed linen and towels, this is a good thing to find out when enquiring (we do, here at Layhead).
- Check before you leave home where you collect the key from just in case you arrive later than expected.
- Find out about local amenities and opening closing times before you set off.
- Find out what’s included in your stay – toilet rolls, tea towels, washing up liquid, electricity (is everything provided to at least get you started?)
Like everything, there are advantages and disadvantages to hiring a holiday cottage. Here are a few to think about.
• It’s your own home from home
• Do what you want, when you want
• Eat in or eat out
• In some holiday cottages you are able to take pets
• Generally, there is no need for accommodation provider staff to enter your cottage throughout your stay
• You don’t have to clean at the end of your holiday
• You have to make your own bed
• There’s no room service
Layhead Farm Cottages is a great place to experience your first self-catering holiday. We have families who return year after year because they just love it. You can find out more about our 8 different properties and availability HERE.
We’d love you to visit us and find out for yourself. Hope to see you soon!